This keto everything bagel chaffle has all the seasonings you love. It really tastes like that classic bagel, but without the carbs.
What Is A Chaffle
A chaffle is a really delicious and easy way to make high-protein and low-carb bread for the keto diet. The name comes from combining the words cheese and waffles. Most chaffle recipes are a combination of cheese and eggs.
In fact, the easiest recipes are just mozzarella cheese and an egg, along with some salt and spices.
If you want a basic chaffle, then check out this easy chaffle recipe. It’s made without anything extra and you can use it in a variety of different ways. I share some of my favorite chaffle ideas in that post.
Everything Bagel Chaffle
I took this basic chaffle recipe and added Everything Bagel seasoning on top, along with a high-fat and mega-delicious cream cheese topping. Adding sour cream to cream cheese not only makes it easier to spread, but the sour cream cuts the sweetness from the cream cheese, making it less rich and easier to digest.
It is so much easier to just buy a jar of Everything Bagel seasoning. It is a combination of sesame seeds (both white and black), poppy seeds, garlic, onion, and sea salt flakes. The sesame and poppy seeds are what give this seasoning the trademark earthy and nutty overtones, setting it apart from just another spice blend.
Plus, it looks as good as it tastes!
Easy Chaffle Keto
There are lots of ways that you can customize this recipe. I tried to keep it basic so that you have room to express your culinary creativity. Add some chopped bacon or cheddar cheese to the chaffle batter. It will give it a saltier taste and a little crunchy texture.
Add some sliced green onions on top as a garnish. For some heat, add some sliced jalapenos on top! Have fun and add your favorite ingredients.
Savory Chaffle Recipe
This savory chaffle is freezer-friendly too. Just make the chaffles like normal. Before you mix or add the cream cheese topping, let the chaffles cool to room temperature.
Then, wrap them up individually in plastic food wrap and place the chaffles in a freezer-safe resealable food storage bag. Keep them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Then, you can reheat them in the air fryer, oven, or place them right in your toaster. I do not recommend reheating them in the microwave because that will soften them too much.
How To Eat Chaffles
Honestly, you can make this for lunch and just eat it like it is, along with your favorite chopped salad or side of veggies. You can also use this chaffle recipe to make a really delicious sandwich!
Take two chaffles, place some roast beef or pepper turkey in the middle, and some lettuce and tomato, and you have a keto-friendly sandwich.
Keto Everything Bagel Chaffle Recipe
Here’s the list to make this keto everything bagel chaffle. Exact measurements and instructions are just a little bit further below, in the printable recipe card.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-5 minutes per chaffle
Net Carbs: 3 net carbs per serving
For the chaffle:
Mozzarella cheese shredded
Everything bagel seasoning
For the cream cheese topping:
Cream cheese softened
Everything bagel seasoning
Additional everything bagel seasoning for garnish
1. Preheat the mini waffle maker.
2. Add the ingredients for the chaffle to a mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
3. Place half of the chaffle batter into the mini waffle maker and cook until done to your liking.
4. Remove, and add the second half of the batter to the mini waffle maker, and cook until done.
5. Mix together the ingredients for the topping until well combined.
6. Place in a piping bag and add to the top of the chaffles before serving.
7. Garnish with additional bagel seasoning if desired.
Pin for later!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Everything Bagel Chaffles
- Mini waffle maker
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
Cream Cheese Topping
- 2 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp Sour cream
- 1/4 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Additional Everything Bagel Seasoning for garnish
- Preheat the mini waffle maker.
- Add the ingredients for the chaffle to a mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Place half of the chaffle batter into the mini waffle maker and cook until done to your liking.
- Remove, and add the second half of the batter to the mini waffle maker, and cook until done.
- Mix together the ingredients for the topping until well combined.
- Place in a piping bag and add to the top of the chaffles before serving.
- Garnish with additional bagel seasoning if desired.
Net Carbs: 3 Net Carbs Per Serving (2 chaffles) The nutritional information for this recipe is calculated as a courtesy and is an approximate only. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipes on this site.