Tasting just like a pizza, this keto frittata is your answer to “what’s for lunch?” Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
What Is A Frittata
The frittata is a classic Italian recipe. It’s usually made in a skillet and is similar to an omelette. Some people call it a crustless quiche because the cooking method is so similar.
A frittata involves a base of baked eggs that are topped with something savory like meat, cheese and vegetables.
There are a ton of different ways to make frittatas, so this is a fun recipe to change and try to create your own dish from.
Before you make your keto frittata, this is what you’ll need from the store. All of the exact ingredient amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Italian Sausage
- Green Bell Pepper
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
There are a few ways that you can change things in this recipe to save yourself time or to make it taste differently the next time. If you make any changes, please let me know. I’d love to hear!
- Heavy Whipping Cream – For a dairy-free version, use coconut cream.
- Italian Sausage – Make this with your favorite type of ground meat or even swap with bacon
- Bell Pepper – leave it out or replace with asparagus spears
- Mozzarella Cheese – use your favorite type of cheese
Best Toppings For Frittatas
What are your favorite things to add to frittatas? Go with a theme and build it from there. Here are some of the best things to add to a frittata.
- Sour Cream
- Feta Cheese
- Artichoke Hearts
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs
Keto Brunch Food
What are some of the best keto brunch recipes? I love brunch! It’s the best of both breakfast and lunch, and usually involves something sweet.
This keto frittata is the definition of the perfect brunch recipe. It’s both a classic breakfast recipe and a savory lunch.
How To Store Frittata
A frittata will taste delicious for any meal – breakfast, lunch, dinner, or brunch. You can make it ahead of time and heat the frittata up right before you eat it.
Store the cooked frittata in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then, reheat it in the oven, air fryer, or microwave.
Here are the step-by-step pictures of the process that you’ll follow to make this filling and delicious keto Italian sausage frittata recipe. All of the ingredients and instructions are located in the printable recipe card just a little bit further below.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Net Carbs: 5 net carbs per serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add the sausage, onion and peppers to a skillet over medium high heat, and saute
until the sausage is completely browned.
Stir in the garlic, and saute another 30 seconds. Drain any excess grease and set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl until light and fluffy.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat on the stove, and melt the butter in it. Pour the egg mixture into the heated skillet, and let sit for 3-5 minutes until the sides begin to set.
Place the skillet into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven, and spoon the sauce over the top.
Spread the sausage filling over the sauce, and top with the shredded cheese. Return the skillet to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Pin for later!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Keto Italian Sausage Frittata
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 8 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper sliced thinly
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Low-Carb Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the sausage, onion and peppers to a skillet over medium high heat, and saute until the sausage is completely browned.
- Stir in the garlic, and saute another 30 seconds. Drain any excess grease and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat on the stove, and melt the butter in it.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated skillet, and let sit for 3-5 minutes until the sides begin to set.
- Place the skillet into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Spread the sausage filling over the sauce, and top with the shredded cheese.
- Return the skillet to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Keto Egg Recipes
If you enjoyed making (and eating) a keto frittata, here are some more easy keto egg recipes you and your kids will enjoy too.