Enjoy the popular combination of chicken, bacon, and ranch, without the mess! These easy chicken foil packets cook in 20 minutes.
What Are Chicken Foil Packets
Just like the name implies, chicken foil packets are easy meals where you bake or air fry all the ingredients together in a foil packet. You can make them in the air fryer, on an outdoor grill, or in the oven.
There are so many reasons to love foil packet recipes! They are super easy to customize.
You can literally flavor them in any number of ways. Use up your leftover veggies and protein with your favorite spices.
Plus, they sure make clean-up a breeze! Just throw away the foil packets and everything is clean. No messy pots or pans.
Before you make chicken bacon ranch foil packets, this is what you’ll need from the store. All of the exact ingredient amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins cut into bite sized pieces
- Broccoli florets
- Olive oil
- Packet of Ranch seasoning
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tin Foil
This is a super basic recipe, with lots of room for you to change things up. Here are a few easy ingredient swaps you can make in the chicken foil packets.
- Chicken – use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs. You can also substitute with turkey breast or pork loin.
- Broccoli – use your favorite veggies! This would taste delicious with some cauliflower, zucchini, and mushrooms too.
- Cheese – I used cheddar, but you can use colby jack or even spicy jalapeno cheese.
Best Chicken For Foil Packets
Normally I tell you to be careful when you bake chicken breasts because they tend to dry out. But the foil packets lock in the steam, keeping the chicken nice and juicy.
Honestly, use any type of chicken that you have. You can even make this recipe with chicken drumsticks, chicken wings, or chicken thighs.
Just make sure you temperature-check the chicken before you serve it. Chicken needs to be cooked until it reaches 165F.
Since you cook this chicken with broccoli, you don’t really need very many sides to go with it. Shaved brussels sprouts salad is a tangy and cold salad that tastes delicious with the cheesy bacon and ranch flavors.
This is the perfect way to cook chicken for meal prep or to eat it in leftovers throughout the week.
How To Meal Prep
To meal prep with your chicken foil packets, follow the directions in the recipe card and then let it cool to room temperature. Store it in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How To Freeze
This chicken freezes really well! Store it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to six months.
Here’s the list of ingredients and some step-by-step pictures of the process that you’ll follow to make this filling and delicious keto chicken foil packets recipe. The exact measurements and instructions are located in the printable recipe card just a little bit further below.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Net Carbs: 4 net carbs per serving
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Add the chicken and broccoli to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the broccoli and chicken.
Sprinkle on the Ranch seasoning, and toss to combine well.
Lay 4 long pieces of tin foil on a flat surface. Place some of the mixture into the center of each piece of tin foil. Top with the bacon and the cheese.
Fold the long ends of the tin foil pieces up, and roll them closed, leaving room above the top of the cheese. Roll the sides of the tin foil closed to form a packet.
Place the packets into the air fryer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Pin for later!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Air Fryer Foil Packets
- Aluminum Foil
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Bacon
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the broccoli and chicken.
- Sprinkle on the Ranch seasoning, and toss to combine well.
- Lay 4 long pieces of tin foil on a flat surface.
- Place some of the mixture into the center of each piece of tin foil.
- Top with the bacon and the cheese.
- Fold the long ends of the tin foil pieces up, and roll them closed, leaving room above the top of the cheese.
- Roll the sides of the tin foil closed to form a packet.
- Place the packets into the air fryer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Keto Chicken Recipes
If you enjoyed this keto chicken foil packets recipe, here are some more easy keto chicken recipes kids will enjoy too.