You get two recipes in one! This low-carb chicken pot pie soup is easy to make in your slow cooker – serve with keto biscuits!
What Is Chicken Pot Pie
A classic chicken pot pie is a savory dish made with real pie crust. This recipe usually includes baking chicken and veggies with a creamy gravy in a flaky, buttery pie crust.
I took this idea and turned it into a creamy soup with keto biscuits as the pie crust. The result is basically amazing.
This is similar to my Creamy Keto TikTok Chicken Pot Pie Ramen. The biggest difference is that in this slow cooker pot pie soup, I used turnips instead of potatoes and I didn’t use any noodles.
Before you make a bowl of chicken pot pie soup, this is what you’ll need from the store. There are two parts – the soup and the keto biscuits. All of the exact ingredient amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Almond Milk
There are a few ways that you can change things in this recipe to save yourself time or to make it taste differently the next time. If you make any changes, please let me know. I’d love to hear!
- Peas and Carrots – these are common in chicken soup, but if you want to lower the carbs, use chopped zucchini and mushrooms instead.
- Turnips – if you don’t like the taste or texture, leave them out.
- Rosemary and Thyme – use Italian seasoning instead.
- Garlic Powder – in the biscuits, you can use garlic and herb seasoning as a substitute.
Best Chicken For Soup
This is a wonderful way to reuse leftover chicken from other recipes this week. In fact, if you have any Italian chicken, use it! The flavors will pair well with the rest of the soup.
Since you’ll shred the chicken, I suggest using chicken breast in the soup. You don’t have to worry about it being too dry, because it will cook in a creamy broth.
You can also save time by shredding a rotisserie chicken. Even though I normally love to use canned chicken, I don’t think it will taste very good in this soup.
What To Eat With Soup
This is a very filling dinner but it can also be a comforting lunch, too. Since this is basically a chicken noodle soup, I like to serve it with typical soup sides, like a sandwich or salad.
Store you leftover pot pie soup separately from the keto biscuits. Keep the chicken pot pie soup in an airtight and spill-proof container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then, reheat it in the microwave or on the stove.
The keto biscuits will stay fresh in an airtight container on the countertop for up to three days.
Here are the step-by-step pictures of the process that you’ll follow to make this filling and delicious keto chicken pot pie soup. All of the ingredients and instructions are located in the printable recipe card just a little bit further below.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Net Carbs: 10 net carbs per serving with a biscuit
Add the butter to a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, turnips and celery, and saute until beginning to soften.
Place the shredded chicken, peas and carrots, minced garlic, chicken broth, rosemary, thyme, sauteed vegetables and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Pour in the heavy whipping cream, and cover to cook for another 30 minutes. While the soup is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the ingredients for the biscuits to a mixing bowl, and blend until well combined.
Form the biscuits into 6 even balls, and form into a biscuit shape. Place the biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
Serve the soup with the biscuits on the side.
Pin for later!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Low-Carb Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Crock Pot
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1 large Turnip peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the butter to a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onions, turnips and celery, and saute until beginning to soften.
- Place the shredded chicken, peas and carrots, minced garlic, chicken broth, rosemary, thyme, sauteed vegetables and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream, and cover to cook for another 30 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ingredients for the biscuits to a mixing bowl, and blend until well combined.
- Form the biscuits into 6 even balls, and form into a biscuit shape. Place the biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve the soup with the biscuits on the side.
Keto Soup Recipes
If you enjoyed eating and making this yummy keto chicken pot pie soup, here are some more keto soup recipes you should make next. All of them will warm you up!