Filled with sticky-sweet salted caramel sauce, this keto lava cake recipe is decadent and luxurious. It tastes like a salted caramel mocha.
Keto Lava Cake
If you struggle with moderation when it comes to keto desserts, this keto lava cake is the perfect thing for you. Each lava cake is super-rich and has an incredible combination of chocolate and caramel flavors.
There are just 3 grams net carbs in each lava cake!
This salted caramel lava cake is my favorite way to make this iconic single-serving dessert, but there are other ways to make it too. Instead of a caramel filling, add a sugar-free chocolate fudge filling.
Does Caramel Have Dairy
Yes, caramel is made from dairy. My salted caramel sauce is made with heavy whipping cream and butter. There is a way to make dairy-free caramel, but it’s more difficult.
You have to use coconut cream, coconut oil, and different sweeteners.
Salted Caramel Lava Cake
As these keto lava cakes bake, you’ll be able to smell them! The aroma of chocolate cake and buttery caramel sauce will fill your kitchen.
They are the perfect things to serve at dinner parties too. Each little lava cake is the perfect size to serve your guests. Since they are filled with salted caramel, they aren’t finger foods.
You can also make these lava cakes in the air fryer, too! Preheat the air fryer to 370F. Then, bake the lava cakes in the ramekins for about 8 minutes.
Keto Salted Caramel
Save this recipe and use the salted caramel sauce in other ways. Drizzle it on top of keto-friendly ice cream. It will also taste sweet and yummy if you drizzle it on top of keto magic cookies or as a dip for keto fruit.
Or add it as a drizzle on top of your favorite cup of coffee. There are honestly so many ways to use keto salted caramel sauce.
For a bit of extra fun, use sea salt flakes on top. They will add texture and enhance both the chocolate and caramel flavors in the lava cakes.
Keto Chocolate Recipe
The keto chocolate cake recipe is decadent and rich, without being overpoweringly rich. If you want to make it richer, use dark chocolate cocoa powder.
If you really enjoy chocolate, then make some keto chocolate muffins. They are perfect for eating for breakfast or lunch.
Another healthy breakfast option are my keto chocolate chip cookie dough muffins. Kids love them and don’t even know they are healthy and good for them.
Keto Salted Caramel Lava Cakes Recipe
Below are the ingredients you’ll need to make this keto salted caramel lava cakes recipe. Exact measurements and instructions are located below within the printable recipe card below.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Net Carbs: 3 net carbs per serving
Lily’s chocolate chips
Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
For the caramel:
2 Tbsp. Butter
⅓ C. Heavy whipping cream
¼ C. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
Add the butter for the caramel to a saucepan over medium low heat.
Saute until the butter is just melted.
Stir in the heavy whipping cream, pinch of sea salt and Swerve. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease 4 ramekins well.
Place the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, and heat at 15 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
Beat together the eggs until fluffy.
Mix together the almond flour and ¼ cup of Swerve, and add into the eggs along with the butter.
Blend the chocolate into the egg mixture.
Place ⅓ cup of the batter into each ramekin, and then place a spoonful of the caramel mixture into the center of the batter.
Add another layer of batter on top.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. The center of the cake should still be a little jiggly when removed.
Turn the ramekins over onto a plate and serve.
Pin for later!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Keto Salted Caramel Lava Cakes
- 4 Ramakins
Keto Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 8 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sugar Substitute
Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sugar Substitute
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Add the butter for the caramel to a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Saute until the butter is just melted.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream, pinch of sea salt and Swerve. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease 4 ramekins well.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, and heat at 15 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Beat together the eggs until fluffy.
- Mix together the almond flour and ¼ cup of Swerve, and add into the eggs along with the butter.
- Blend the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Place ⅓ cup of the batter into each ramekin, and then place a spoonful of the caramel mixture into the center of the batter.
- Add another layer of batter on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The center of the cake should still be a little jiggly when removed.
- Turn the ramekins over onto a plate and serve.
Keto Cake Recipes
If you enjoyed learning how to make keto salted caramel lava cake, here are some more tasty keto cake recipes you should make next! They are some of my favorites!